# Gmail for Android Introduces Long-Awaited “Select All” Feature
Gmail for Android is finally getting a much-needed feature that users have been requesting for years: the ability to select all emails. This long-awaited feature enhances the email management experience on the popular email app.
➤ Summary of the Update
– ✍️The Select All Button✍️: Gmail for Android has begun rolling out a Select All option, which allows users to easily manage and organize emails.
– ✍️Usability✍️: The new button is intuitive and easy to use. Users can long-press an email or tap on the sender’s avatar to select a single conversation and then tap on the new Select All option at the top of the list.
– ✍️Default Page Limit✍️: The Select All option may not select all emails in a view due to the default page limit of 50 emails. However, users can batch-select the emails by scrolling to the end of the list before using the Select All option.
– ✍️Widespread Rollout✍️: The feature is now available to a larger number of users and is expected to be part of a widespread rollout.
– ✍️Impact✍️: This update aims to streamline the email management process for Android users, bringing the app in line with its desktop counterpart and enhancing overall user experience.
➤ Late but Welcome Arrival
Google’s Gmail for Android has long been lauded for its robust features and seamless user experience, but the absence of a Select All option had been a notable flaw. After years of user demand, the addition of this feature is welcome news for Android users who rely on the Gmail app for their email needs.
➤ The Quirky Catch
While the Select All button has finally made an appearance, it comes with a quirky catch. Due to the default page limit of 50 emails, the Select All option may not capture all emails in a view. This is a peculiar workaround that users need to be aware of, but it’s a step in the right direction.
With Google’s ongoing focus on innovation and improvement, the introduction of the Select All feature to Gmail for Android reaffirms the company’s commitment to refining its products. As users continue to engage with the app, this long-awaited feature will undoubtedly enhance their email management experience.
➤ How can I use the Select All feature in Gmail for Android?
You can access the Select All button by long-pressing an email or tapping the sender’s avatar to select a single conversation, and then tapping the Select All option at the top of the list.
➤ Will the Select All button capture all emails in a view?
Due to the default page limit of 50 emails, the Select All option may not select all emails in a view. However, users can scroll to the end of the list before using the Select All option to batch-select all the emails in that view.
➤ Is the Select All feature available to all users?
The Select All feature is undergoing a widespread rollout and is expected to become available to all Gmail for Android users in the near future.
➤ Can the Select All button be used in different views, such as search results and categories?
Yes, the Select All feature works across all views, including search results, inboxes, and categories.
The long-awaited arrival of the Select All feature in Gmail for Android is a testament to Google’s ongoing commitment to improving its products and addressing user feedback. This update is a step in the right direction, streamlining email management for millions of Android users.